1/23/08

Blame it on the economy

You'll notice a change in the Chanticleer this week. A couple, actually.

For one, this is the first black-and-white issue we've done all year. The rough state of the economy seems to have enough local advertisers scared. Selling ads has been our toughest task thus far, and I include that with practically having to turn over an entire staff.

This is also the first time we haven't printed at least 8 pages. Readers from last year are accustomed to seeing 6-page, black and white papers from the Chanticleer, which is something I was adamant not to have this year.

Alas, the lofty title of Editor-in-chief of the Chanticleer still doesn't ...

*Pause for gratuity*

BUY ADS IN THE CHANTICLEER! HELP FUND ANTI-TERRORISM! 9/11! BUY BUY BUY!!!

*Back to blog*

... have enough social stroke to alleviate a weak economy. Maybe someday.

Anyway, we still feel we put out a solid newspaper this week.

But, if you need your color fix while reading, simply keep handy one of those Magic Eye books that were so popular in the 90's.

*Actual event*

"Hey look a story about cloning livestock," You, the Chanticleer reader. "Eww gross it's in black and white. Wait a minute! I have my Magic Eye book with me! *Crosses eyes and stares at wavy, colorful lines for like 5 minutes* HOLY CRAP A PALM TREE!!1! Ok back to reading my Chanticleer :-) Wow, the black and white doesn't bother me now!"

I've lost my mind.

No comments: